West Valley Community Campus (WVCC), a fledgling nonprofit community center in the city of Willamina, OR, offers a highly rewarding and challenging Executive Director opportunity. We are working to repurpose our 84 year old building and grounds and develop community outreach programming. WVCC does not receive any tax base support. We need an energetic person who can develop and expand our goals, activities and community relations. Our main purpose is to provide a place for groups to engage community members in educational, cultural and recreational activities to enrich their lives.
Title : Executive Director
Reports to : Board of Directors
Salary : 62,000-70,000/year + benefits
Reporting to, and collaborating with, the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for WVCC programs, expansion, volunteers and execution of its mission. The ED will initially develop deep knowledge of core programs, operations and business plans.
Within the first year, our ED will reach out to our community, develop programs, set goals, and encourage community involvement. Our ED will enthusiastically listen to community members to create programs and solutions to fill our community’s needs, and expand and diversify revenue streams to build resiliency within our organization and the community. The ED will excite people to once again see and be involved (post-Covid-19) with past programs and events held at WVCC and encourage involvement in new ones. The ability to collaborate with community members to develop a 5-year plan to revive the campus and help the wider community recover from the Covid-19 pandemic would be a priority. This full-time, permanent position is for immediate hire.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans and execute policies authorized by the Board
- Plan, actively manage, and oversee WVCC’s operations, programs, and fundraising while ensuring its financial sustainability through grants and outreach programs
- Solicit rent-paying commercial activities to subsidize our nonprofit mission
- Actively engage and energize WVCC volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations and funders
- Continue development and evaluation of existing programs as well as development of future programs
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, both immediate and long term
- Develop and maintain a strong Board of Directors, fostering a collaborative working environment that is results-driven and professional
- Serve as ex-officio of each committee
- Effectively represent WVCC and promote a positive image to ensure adequate community representation
- Develop and maintain social media
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communication –from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a strong, credible image within and outside our community
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Three years experience in nonprofit management
- Be thoroughly committed to WVCC nonprofit’s mission
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach volunteers, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in computer technology
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to organizational planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
Interested applicants should send an email with their resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than January 31st, 2022.